21st February 2009
A couple weeks ago, I shared my cooking plans. I wanted to come back and let you know how it all turned out…
- Asian Peanut Butter Pork – I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this! The onions (which I don’t normally like) were very milk, the peanut butter flavor wasn’t overwhelming, and the lime took the edge off the sweetness. The meat was falling apart when we were ready to eat, and I just shredded it. Brian didn’t even recognize it was pork tenderloin! I served it with rice noodles, and it was a HUGE hit with Brian.
- Pork Fried Rice Chinese Style – This was ok. It came together quickly, and I liked it. But Brian would have prefered another night of the Peanut Butter Pork.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins – These were tasty. VERY dense. It felt like I was eating an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for breakfast… without the guilt
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins – These were ok for me, great for Brian. Too much banana for my liking, but he loved them.
- Some form of cupcakes, with some special Valentine’s decorating help from Analise for Life Group on Wednesday.
- Spicy Sour Cream Chicken – Probably unnecessary to even rate this, but it was a big hit. Two bags of chicken tenderloins (doubling the recipe), black beans, and taco toppings was plenty for a dinner of 10.
- Banano con Leche – Everyone loved them, and Brian is now asking me to make them.
- Carmelized Onion and Cheese Quiche – I just finally made this last night. Wow. This is a melt-in-your-mouth quiche. Seriously, seriously good.
- Deep Dish Pizza Crust – I’ve made this twice since I originally posted… once as pizza crust, and tonight as breadsticks to go with spaghetti. They are a homeade version of the Olive Garden. Yum.
Happy eating! Feel free to come back here and post your comments if you try anything!